During the Holiday season things can get pretty stressful. Even if you are having fun and love Christmas it can feel a big overwhelming. That's why we have decided to something a little different this year and offer TWO 15 minute meditation sessions in our Vancouver store to help deal with the stress.
Christmas De-stress Event
What: 15 minute Hatha yoga breathing meditation. Amrita will be teaching alternate nostril breathing, belly breathing and back breathing. You can just wear regular clothing. Ideally clothing you can breathe in :)
Who: All levels. This is something that anyone can do at any age any time, and any level.
Where: Movement Global 2076 West 4th Ave (at Arbutus) in Vancouver
When: December 12 2018. We have two 15 minute meditation slots : 6:15pm - 6:30pm, 8:15pm-8:30pm
Amrita Sondhi has been teaching yoga and meditation for 18 years, and studied with Sandra Sammartino.
Our mandate from the very beginning of this company was to create clothing that would not add to the giant trash bin that is created by the fashion industry each year. To that end we created pieces that are:
- Sustainable: we use organic cotton and bamboo, and are made in Canada to keep travel costs down
- Classic: they never go out of "style"
- High quality: our clothing has a price point that is reflecting it's high quality of fabric, thread, and sewing. Some of our customers have clothing they've worn for 12 years!
- Modular and Reversible: our line is created so that all the pieces go together and you get more looks out of each piece.
How does the Movement Concept give me more looks?
There are so many ways to wear Movement we made FOUR short films to give you some ideas. The first two films are below.
Below is our first series showcasing:
- WJ4 Roma Jacket, the WT41 Kelly Drape Top and the WP12 Carmen Long Pant.
- WT34 Twyla Top with the WJ8 Sonia Wrap
- WT42 Sierra Side Pocket with the WJ8 Sonia Wrap
- WA8 Circle Scarf worn many ways
Series Two showcases:
- WT42 Sierra Side Pocket with WSK14 Salma Slim Skirt/Dress
- WJ8 Sonia Wrap with WSK14 Salma Slim and matching WT40 Dani Bra
- WJF3 Kira Kimono with WBF6 Vina V Top and WP10 Pietra Crop Leggings
- A series showcasing our WP22 Paula Reversible Leggings with: WD10 Katya Dress/Tunic, WJ11 Kat Hoodie, & WT1 Double Tank Tank,
- WP10 Pietra Crop Leggings and the WD8 Margarita Dress.
Stay tuned for Series 3 & 4 coming soon. Like our concept? We'd love to hear what you think. Contact us with your ideas and reflections here.
Mother and daughter, Sharon Sechrest and Emily Griffin
Don't they look great? We love how our clothing works for all ages and sizes...it's our mandate that we want make local eco-clothing for women who are moving through their busy lives as easily and comfortably (and sustainably!!) as possible.
Sharon and Emily said they love our clothing line because it is "so effortless". Mother looks elegant and relaxed in our Sierra Side Pocket with our new Phoebe Skirt, and daughter looks comfortable and happy in our Sonia Wrap, Shrug, and Longer Matty Skirt.
We want to thank everyone who entered our contest this month...it is lovely to hear directly from our customers, and see your photos. We are excited to see the diverse range of ages and incredible skill sets of our wonderful clients, and hear about you first hand. Don't forget we are giving away prizes every month until Christmas.
Don't worry if you don't win right away, each entry is also put into our grand year-end shopping spree finale.
There is still time to enter for July! If you want to enter the contest click here.
Check out our new styles and colours that have just arrived, last minute stocking stuffers needed? try out new hat or circle scarves! Seasons Greetings Above the forest series in our 9th annual Movement/Fashion show. Thanks to all our fabulous models and customers who always inspire us.
We are so excited to be taking part in Fashion on West 4th Shopping Night this Thursday, 24th September.
From 5pm until 9pm we will be serving wine and snacks in our store with some of our best stylists on hand to help you find some key Movement pieces. We will also have a raffle you can enter for a chance to win some great prizes!
Fall is here and that means it's time to get our wardrobes full of warm and cosy clothes for the colder months ahead! We have so much soft, beautiful bamboo pieces for you to choose from.
Here are some of our favourite looks for this season:
What is fall without the perfect piece to wrap up warm and cosy in? Our Roma Jacket comes in a variety of great colours and is completely reversible giving you lots to play around with this season!
Every piece listed in this article are available at both our West 4th and Bowen Island stores. You can also shop online - have a look around!