with Yogi Kim Gillett on Wed Jan 14th at 5:30pm at our Kits 2076 W 4th (at Arbutus) location
Breathing & Meditation Class
at Movement Global
with Kim Gillett of Grace Yoga + Meditation
Meditation begins when we turn our senses inward and give our attention to the present moment. We use practices of awareness to cultivate our connection and practices of breathing to slow ourselves down. Once we are settled, we enter into meditation and work with calming our mind and experiencing stillness.
Students of meditation often enjoy a relaxed mind, clearer focus, balanced emotions, increased creativity, decreased stress, and a better mood and better sleep.
The tools learned in our class can be used any time, any day, to access this blissful state we are cultivating.
Please bring a mat or cushion if you would like one
Tips for Successful Meditation
1) Know the mind is a skillful trickster and ignore it as best you can
2) Concentrate on your breathing to bypass your mind
3) Each time thoughts distract you simply return to feeling your breath
4) Know that every moment you are spending in practice is a moment well spent
5) Find comfort in stillness