Bamboo is:Processed with little or no environmental damage and it's long fibers are extremely strong. It has a natural tendency to breath and wick moisture away due to it's porous nature and, since it is a cellulose fiber, can biodegrade under normal soil conditions. Bamboo wicks moisture so well that it actually keeps the wearer one to two degrees cooler then someone wearing cotton. Not only is Movementglobal based in Canada, but all the products are made in Canada instead of using manufactures overseas.
Facts and Fabrics
- With all the publicity regarding global warming using eco and organic fabrics is a step in the right direction towards social responsibility. Eco fibres such as bamboo grow naturally without any pesticides or chemical fertilizers.
- Most synthetic fibres are made from petroleum and eventually become waste, letting off harmful toxins when they degrade. Eco fibres such as bamboo are biodegradable.
- Bamboo is nature’s most sustainable resource and naturally regenerative. Bamboo is fast-growing, with shoots averaging up to 24 inches or more in a 24-hour period.
- Bamboo fabric is naturally anti-microbial. It breathes and wicks moisture away from the body.The textile industry is starting to use bamboo charcoal with technical polyester fabrics instead of using the standard chemicals to create the anti-microbial and wicking properties.
- Bamboo is also hypo-allergenic and is thermal regulating. During the summer it keeps you up to 2% cooler and it has built in stain and UV protection.
- Bamboo feels great on the skin; it has a silky hand and drapes really nicely.